Fulfillment of Rehabilitation and development needs of Vavuniya District to improve the living standard of the people, with peace towards Prosperity.
Co-ordinating the activities of Departments, Corporations, Statutory Boards and non governmental organization, to utilize the available resources to the maximum and improve the performance as to deliver the services efficiently and effectively to fulfill the aspirations of the people and bringing unity and harmony between the communities.
The main Objectives of District Secretariat are to Co-ordinate the Government policy and programs approved by various legal enactments and direction by monitoring and implementation of socio economic development projects, to benefit the people of the district.
Specific function for the achievement of the objectives
a) Co-ordination of government activities and performance of the function delegated by law through officers and organization at village divisional and district levels.
b) Acting as an agent of the other Ministries, Departments and Statutory boards.
c) Collection of revenue
d) Financial Management and Accounting of allocated funds.
e) Implementation of the Decentralized Budget Program.
f) Monitoring various foreign funded projects and directing towards the accepted developments policies.
g) Assisting the provincial Council in its activities.
A). District Administrative Functions
- Proper co-ordination of activities of departments and statutory boards in the district by maintaining cordial relationship.
- Proper supervision of Divisional Secretariats and Grama Niladharies in order to provide efficient services to the public.
- Implementing the decisions of the government and assist to restore normalcy.
- Implementing the “Citizen Charter” to ensure timely Services.
B). Agency Functions
- Performing all delegated functions of various ministries and departments efficiently and effectively to enable the people to receive the required services in the district without any obstructions or delay.
- Guiding Divisional Secretariats to provide satisfactory services to the people without delay in all aspects.
- Ensure better Co-ordination and cordial relationship with ministries, departments and other institutions to avoid any complex and or delays.
- Find speedy solution to the problems of the people of district by proper mechanisms.
C). Co-ordinating Functions
♥ Conduct regular meeting every month to facilitate discussion and decision making in the following co-ordinating committees.
- District coordinating committee
- District Planning committee
- District Agriculture committee
- District Price fixed committee
- District Housing committee
- District Child Production committee
- Water and sanitation committee.
- District Environmental committee
- District Security committee
- District Land use committee
♥ Co-ordinating the activities of the Non governmental Organizations to provide impartial humanitarian Services.